Product : GNC Ravage
Overall : 4/10
Ravage is a GNC Beyond Raw Pre-Workout Supplement. This review is for the Grape flavor of the 18.31 Oz package. You can find it on GNC's page here.
Serving Size: 10/10
One of the best parts of this product is that it is a one scooper. It's recommended to mix one scoop (26 grams) with 12 fl. oz of water. When taking it I varied my mixture anywhere between 8-14 oz of water, depending on if I was wanting to get it over with, or try to dilute the taste a bit.
Taste : 2/10
I had picked out the grape flavoring, according to the label. As we all know the general rule when it comes to a good Pre-Workout, you are not drinking it for the taste. This situation merits a rewrite to state that you are definitely not drinking it for the taste. Definitely a chugger and not one to take more than two or three big gulps on. The grape flavoring does not come through, instead it tastes more like a gritty salty drink. This is definitely one of the areas that an improvement is needed.
Pump : 9/10
The pump provided by the product was a reasonable solid pump. I managed to continue in growth as well as maintain - if not improve pace of my progress with my lifts. This is definitely going to be an important part of the decision making in looking into a good solid Pre-Workout. I have to admit it did provide a solid, very aware, pump throughout my work out. At some points almost too much to the point where I contemplated ripping out of my skin.
Side Effects : 3/10
Throughout the 20 sessions I only had four or five sessions where it tore me up. The Beta Ala-nine in it was definitely a bit much and the itchiness associated with this product was a big turn off for me. The first work out with it, the Beta Ala-nine definitely work me up, but in subsequent sessions it tended more to get on my nerves and be distracting. The product is loaded with 200mg of caffeine so definitely avoid taking any fat burners or other diet supps when using Ravage.
Pricing : 4/10
The pricing compared to the amount of work outs I got out of it was pretty steep. Compared to some more affordable pre work outs this one was $44.99 for 20 servings which doesn't really fit my price range for the quality of the product.
Recommendation : Pass
I would definitely advise a pass on this product. There are a lot of better Pre-Workout Supplements out there that are better value and quality. The pump provided by Ravage was definitely a nice one, but for the price, taste, and side effects, I'd rather invest the time and effort into a different Pre-Workout.