Saturday, February 11, 2012
Review : MP's Assault
Product : Muscle Pharm's Assault
Assault is a pre-workout drink produced by Muscle Pharm. You can find it on their site here.
Serving Size : 9/10
This is definitely a half scoop powder, which a great benefit in my opinion as far as a pre-workout is concerned. The best part is you can truly dictate the amount of energy you are needing for that day by adding some on to the suggested serving size.
Taste : 9/10
I went with the green apple flavor for my selection of Assault. You can tell it's a well made pre-workout drink if you aren't only not dreading it, but looking forward to drinking it. I am a big fan of sweet foods, and this definitely fits my needs in the category of taste. It doesn't have the grainy texture found in other pre workouts, as well as tasting like what the label says.
Pump : 9/10
Very good clean pump. The amount of beta-alanine is noticable but not irritable. I managed to go harder and deeper into my work out routines as well as hitting several personal records while on this product.
Side Effects : 8/10
The only downside, through no fault of the product, was when I did double up to a full scoop on days I really needed the kick, I did crash some afterwards. To be genuine in regards to the review, I would attribute this more to missing a post work out protein on that date. The side of effect in that sense being more correlational than causal.
I would consider this to have less side effects than other pre-workouts I have tried, and definitely left me with a positive feeling.
Pricing : 8/10
This product is consistanly on sale in the store at Bodybuilding.com, the package I purchased was $34.99 USD for 32 servings. That comes to roughly $1.09 per serving, which for the pump and energy you get - definitely a great value.
Depending on the size of scoop you take this can be a very cost effiencent means for a good pump.
Recommendation : Go For it
The pricing, and the quality of this product make this a definite buy. I was personally dreading the day I was to realize I was on my last scoop.